- Sun, Jan 23Four RiversJan 23, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM CSTFour Rivers, 25055 S Walnut Ln, Channahon, IL 60410, USACalling all families, kids and kids at heart! Explore the woods off trail with a naturalist as we look for signs of bald eagles and other active animals in winter. Who knows what we will find? Maybe we’ll find some tracks or maybe we’ll find some scat. Join us to find out!
- Sat, Jan 29Four Rivers
- Sat, Jan 29Isle a la Cache MuseumJan 29, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PMIsle a la Cache Museum, 501 E Romeo Rd, Romeoville, IL 60446, USALace up your winter boots and let’s puzzle together what animals have been hanging around Isle a la Cache! Start inside the museum learning about what animal leaves behind those tracks and how to ID animal droppings like a pro. Then head outside to put your skills to the test. Who will you find?
- Tue, Feb 01Isle a la Cache MuseumFeb 01, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMIsle a la Cache Museum, 501 E Romeo Rd, Romeoville, IL 60446, USACalling all families with preschoolers! Join us for a hands-on program designed for your little one. With Groundhog Day upon us, we are going to celebrate by learning all about this animal. We will explore their adaptions, diet and habitat and the origins of this unique holiday.
- Sat, Feb 05Messenger Woods Nature Preserve
- Sat, Feb 05Four RiversFeb 05, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM CSTFour Rivers, 25055 S Walnut Ln, Channahon, IL 60410, USAWant to have the coolest Valentine’s Day cards this year? Check out some delightful examples and learn how to use nature to make fun and creative cards. Create a few on your own and get inspired to continue your nature cards at home!
- Wed, Feb 09Plum Creek Nature CenterFeb 09, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMPlum Creek Nature Center, 27064 Dutton Rd, Beecher, IL 60401, USAJoin us monthly for nature-themed programs geared toward 3- to 5-year-olds. This month we are talking woodchucks and will be looking for signs of them in the woods around the nature center. Be prepared for indoor and outdoor activities including a hike, story, games, music, art and more.
- Sat, Feb 12Four RiversFeb 12, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM CSTFour Rivers, 25055 S Walnut Ln, Channahon, IL 60410, USACalling all families, kids and kids at heart! Explore the woods off trail with a naturalist as we look for signs of owls in the preserve! Who knows what we will find! Maybe we’ll find some feathers or other signs of their activity.
- Sat, Feb 19Four RiversFeb 19, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM CSTFour Rivers, 25055 S Walnut Ln, Channahon, IL 60410, USABundle up and head outdoors with the whole family! This naturalist-led hike is your chance to escape the four walls of school, the office or home and take in the fresh winter air. Create warm memories on the chilly trail before heading to the campfire for stories and s’mores.